Our naturally raised beef cattle get year-round access to the outdoors and shelter. They grow strong, happy, and love getting chin rubs when they aren't napping or grazing. We partner with a local farm to finish out our beef cattle as beef and dairy herds have different needs.
- have large outdoor paddocks and pasture their entire lives with free choice grass and hay to eat depending on the time of year.
- have shelter for when they want shade or to get out of the Nebraska wind, rain or snow.
- have unlimited access to fresh water.
- are pastured and grass fed, get additional silage once older (a fermented grass mixture) and get a month or two of corn supplementation with their hay before freezer camp. They are never fed or handled feed lot style and
- have access to indoor shelter at all times.
- are raised without steroids, antibiotics, hormone boosters.
The Little Red Farm provides beef to our community through a herdshare option.
- If you would like access to our farm fresh beef you can inquire about becoming a herdshare owner at the counter in the farmers market shop during guest hours. We do not discuss or offer herdshares over the phone or website or email due to the need for legal paperwork and signatures.
- LRF provides all animal care, processes our cattle at a local custom exempt meat locker (not USDA inspected), and stores meat here for our herdshare members until they are ready to pick up.
- Herdshare owners pay an annual fee as well as other herdshare fees to the farm.
- Meat acquired through herdshare may not be resold or donated and is for personal use only.
Our beef is available in our Farmers Market Shop to our herdshare owners. This list is what we typically have stsored in our freezers for herdshare owners.
- Marrow Bones
- Soup Bones
- Ground Beef
- 1/3 pound Hamburger Patties
- Stew Meat
- Round Steak
- Sirloin Steak
- Strip Steak
Occasionally we have 1/4, 1/2, and whole beef options available.
If you have already looked through details and would like to request custom meat, you can add your name to the request form HERE