Friends & Family Night with Chicken Pick Up
[chickens are sold out for 2022]
Come shop at The Little Red Farm’s Farmers Market Shop and enjoy an evening in the country!
- We will have a bonfire to enjoy. Feel free to bring an outdoor chair to sit by the fire or watch the sunset.
- Young Adults are encouraged to enjoy the evening and meet other community members at 7PM but are welcome at any time!
-This event is open to all customers! You do not need a chicken reservation to attend this event.
- Family & Friends are welcome to come shop at the Farmers Market and enjoy the farm. This night is open to customers: those making a purchase in our Farmers Market Shop to support our farm, family and other local handmade vendors during your visit.
The Little Red Farm & Farmers Market Shop will be open to guests for Friends & Family Night on Friday, September 9th from 5PM to 8:30PM.
This event is open to all customers!
You do not need a chicken reservation to attend this event.
Chicken Reservation Customers:
- Chickens must be picked up Friday 5PM-8:30PM or Saturday 10AM-Noon.
- Chickens MUST be picked up within these hours or you will lose your deposit. We reserve the right to sell or keep your chicken if you do not come during these hours on the weekend of your reservation.
- Please plan on refrigerating your poultry until Saturday at noon, minimum, and preferably until Monday before you cook or freeze it for optimal tenderness.
Little Red Farm roasting poultry:
- is currently processed at Duncan's Poultry LLC .
- is packaged without preservatives.
- should be refrigerated for 24-72 hours after processing before freezing to reach optimum tenderness. Fresh meat goes through chemical changes in the muscle tissue. This break down is the same reason beef is aged and your chicken needs to "age" before being frozen. Processing happens Friday at noon of each pick up week.
- will need to be put in a Ziplock bag or vacuum sealed before being frozen.
Food Safety and Inspection Service recommends cooking whole chicken to a safe minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F as measured using a food thermometer. When checking the temperature, check the internal temperature in the innermost part of the thigh and wing and the thickest part of the breast.